Crossroads Learning now has two locations:
*109 N. College Ave., Tahlequah, OK
*3300 Chandler Road, Suite 115, Muskogee, OK
- Pam Henley, Owner-Director-Lead Therapist, is a Certified Academic Language Therapist (C.A.L.T.), Qualified Instructor -Trainer of Structured Multi-sensory Language Programs, Reading Specialist and Certified Teacher with a Master's Degree in Education in Reading. Pam has 38 years of teaching experience, 30 of those working with struggling readers.
- Stacy Girdner is a Certified Academic Language Therapist (C.A.L.T.) and Certified Teacher with over 25 years of educational experience in the regular elementary classroom and with struggling readers and writers.
- Jeraka Ireland is a Certified Teacher. She has taught for over 10 years and has experience working with struggling readers and writers. Jeraka is a Certified Academic Language Therapist.
- Michelle Barnes-McCutchan is a Certified Academic Language Therapist (C.A.L.T.), Reading Specialist, and Certified Teacher with a Master's in Education in Reading, and certification in Special Education. She has over 20 years experience working with struggling readers and writers.
- Robin Tyrrell is a career teacher and Certified Academic Language Therapist with over 24 years of experience in the classroom and working with struggling learners.
- Sara Sporer is an Academic Language Therapist with over 15 years experience working with struggling students.
- Gina Beach is a career teacher with 26 years experience working with children in the classroom and with literacy struggles. She is a Certified Academic Language Therapist.
- Kristin Barnes is a career teacher and Academic Language Therapist. She has over 8 years of experience in the regular and special education classroom.
- Jaclyn Ward is a certified teacher, specializing in math and is also an Academic Language Therapist. She has a passion for working with struggling readers and spellers after working with her own child who struggles with dyslexia.
- Missy Herrin is a career teacher and Certified Academic Language Therapist with over 25 years of experience in the classroom and with struggling learners.
- Darece Gayer is a Reading Specialist, certified teacher and Academic Language Therapist working with struggling learners .
- Pam Pulliam is a certified career teacher and Reading Specialist with over 30 years experience working in the classroom and with struggling learners.
- Mishelle Cantrell is a certified special education teacher and Academic Language Therapist who has worked with struggling learners.
- Evan Stubblefield is a certified math teacher with over 8 yrs of teaching math.
*Academic Language Therapy
*Multi-sensory Academic Language Therapy is a model of instruction which uses multiple sensory modalities (visual, auditory, tactile and kinesthetic) to help students build literacy skills. It is highly repetitive, sequential, systematic and cumulative. Each program is based on the Orton-Gillingham approach to language education.
Professional Development sessions are available at the center or in schools. Pam has been a literacy consultant and conference speaker for more than 25 years. She also has conducted small group and large group seminars, workshops and embedded coaching.
**Structured Language Programs:
*Take Flight: Our deepest tier Dyslexia Program - A two-year Academic Language Therapist program under the umbrella of Payne Education Center in OKC.
*Navigate Kindergarten - 2 day training
*First Grade Foundations & Structured Language Basics - 5 day training for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classroom teachers (Tier 1) and interventionists (Tier 2).
*L4 - A program for 4th -8th grade classroom teachers and interventionists.
Professional Development Titles:
*Dyslexia: Unlocking the Keys to Reading and Writing
*Building Fluent Readers
*Multi-sensory Structured Language - Moving Beyond Guided Reading
*Power Grammar: Not Your Grammar's Synonym Rolls! A 1/2 day training in the function of words and basic syntax.
*Word Study and Spelling: Moving Beyond the Spelling Lists
*Phonological Awareness for all children
*Growing Seeds of Comprehension
#Call for details!
Consultation and Evaluation
Parents are welcome to call or e-mail us to arrange for assessment and evaluation sessions for their children. Assessments take 50-120 minutes and are spaced between one and two sessions. A full evaluation is then written up with an opportunity to discuss results and a plan of instruction.
Schools are welcome to contact us to discuss and arrange for professional development in-house or at Crossroads Learning. A needs assessment can be done to see what areas need to be targeted for your school.